“I can’t thank you enough! This class changed my life. I was stuck in a job, and you provided me with such essential tools, guidance, and inspiration to make a big leap and change careers, finding a fantastic job that I’m so fulfilled by! Your coaching and continued guidance have been amazing. This is the most valuable present I’ve ever given myself. Thank you again!” -A.P.
Calling all women job seekers! Get the positive inspiration, tools and focus you need to make 2014 the year of Your NEW Job!
LYJ (Love Your Job) Search provides you with 5 weeks of group coaching and 1 one-to-one coaching session so that you can be well on your way toward achieving fantastic, lucrative job opportunities that are right for YOU while enjoying the process along the way.
In this coaching group, you will:
- Do thoughtful exercises to gain clarity on your goals, allowing you to move effectively in the right direction and secure a job in a more timely manner.
- Receive one-to-one “career-matchmaking” including job leads, introductions made on your behalf for informational interviews, and access to an extensive network of contacts in a wide range of fields.
- Understand the power of networking to get a foot in the door and learn to make better use of your own network.
- Develop weekly job search goals and have a forum for overcoming setbacks and celebrating achievements.
- Learn to write a winning resume and customized cover letters, and receive honest feedback.
- Employ strategies to interview as your best self, as well as negotiate your highest possible salary.
- Set yourself up to “attract and allow” success rather than struggle for it.
In the one-to-one session you may wish to focus on:
- In-depth writing of your resume to highlight the many transferable skills and accomplishments you bring to the job.
- Creating a networking action plan and employing strategies to get the most out of your informational interviews.
- Mock job interviewing and negotiation conversations.
- Continued clarity on your career path, such as aligning short-term and long-term career goals.
Graduates of the class receive access to a private LinkedIn Group with exclusive job postings and career networking opportunities.
Interested in 2014 class dates, complimentary career resources, and early registration discounts? Email lyjnow (at) gmail.com to be added to the mailing list.
NEW! LYJ Skillshare Teaser Class: Monday, November 18 at 7pm (WAIT LIST ONLY.) Please see http://skl.sh/1etMZFj to register. Credit from the Skillshare may be applied toward the next five-week class.
NEXT NYC DATES (2014):
- Monday, January 27
- Monday, February 3
- Monday, February 10
- Monday, February 17 (Holiday, No Class)
- Monday, February 24
- Monday, March 3
Time and Location for NYC classes: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm; Convenient downtown Manhattan location (details provided upon registration).
Limited to 6-8 women to ensure lots of personalized attention. Contact Suzanne at lyjnow(at)gmail.com or (908) 309-5315 to determine if this class is right for you or for an agenda for the 5 weeks. Your space is confirmed once payment is received. The class is $435 for five weekly sessions and one 30 minute one-to-one session.
EARLY RATE: Register Early and pay $365. (You may also put down a deposit, see below.) This early rate option will expire closer to the class date start.
Deposit Option: You may put down a $200 deposit to reserve your space. The final payment will be due on the first day of class or you may submit a post-dated check for 2/15 or 3/1.
TESTIMONIALS for Suzanne Grossman and LYJ (Love Your Job) Search
LYJ Search NYC - Suzanne Grossman: A self-described “super-connector” and “career-matchmaker”, Suzanne has an extensive network of contacts which she enjoys sharing with others. She sees no dream as too big and no person as too important to approach for an informational interview. Suzanne is a career advisor with the City University of New York where she helps college students identify their dream careers and provides them with tools for how to achieve them. She has mentored and worked with women at the Institute for Women’s Leadership at Rutgers University and at the Woodhull Institute for Ethical Leadership. She received her BA from Tufts University and MA from Rutgers University. Her writing on career issues appears on the Huffington Post and on her blog which she shares with like-minded colleagues called LYJ – Love Your Job, Love Your Life (lyjnow.wordpress.com).
2014 DC Dates:
- Wednesday, January 8
- Wednesday, January 15
- Wednesday, January 22
- Wednesday, January 29
- Wednesday, February 5
Time and Location for DC classes: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm; Metro Center location: 1317 F Street NW, Suite 501 (Choice USA).
LYJ Search DC - Alyssa Best: Alyssa helps people identify their dream careers and provides them with the tools to achieve their goals. As a career coach, trainer, and speaker, she offers guidance and skills on topics related to career and professional development to build leadership for social change. She previously served as the Chair of WIN’s Professional Development Series. She has mentored and worked with women at Wider Opportunities for Women, Center for Progressive Leadership, and the Institute for Women’s Leadership at Rutgers University.
Cancellation Policy: Three weeks before the start of the class you may be refunded 100%. After this time, the class is non-refundable. If I am able to fill your spot, I will consider a full refund or allow you to push forward registration to a later class. If you need to miss a class session, all handouts and homework are provided.
*NYC One-to-One Coaching Session: Participants have 30 days after the final class to schedule the coaching session.