“Wanted you to know that I got the job!! I’m beyond thrilled and excited. I can’t wait to be in an environment that celebrates my spirit. And pays me $20K more too! Thank you for your help in the process and for all of your guidance. I always tell people what a difference your class made in my life, and now I have proof.” -D.F.
Calling all women job seekers! Get the positive inspiration, tools and focus you need to make 2014 the year of Your NEW Job!
LYJ (Love Your Job) Search provides you with 5 weeks of group coaching and 1 one-to-one coaching session so that you can be well on your way toward achieving fantastic, lucrative job opportunities that are right for YOU while enjoying the process along the way. Classes in NYC and Washington, DC.
In this coaching group, you will:
- Do thoughtful exercises to gain clarity on your goals, allowing you to move effectively in the right direction and secure a job in a more timely manner.
- Receive one-to-one “career-matchmaking” including job leads, introductions made on your behalf for informational interviews, and access to an extensive network of contacts in a wide range of fields.
- Understand the power of networking to get a foot in the door and learn to make better use of your own network.
- Develop weekly job search goals and have a forum for overcoming setbacks and celebrating achievements.
- Learn to write a winning resume and customized cover letters, and receive honest feedback.
- Employ strategies to interview as your best self, as well as negotiate your highest possible salary.
- Set yourself up to “attract and allow” success rather than struggle for it.
In the one-to-one session you may wish to focus on:
- In-depth writing of your resume to highlight the many transferable skills and accomplishments you bring to the job.
- Creating a networking action plan and employing strategies to get the most out of your informational interviews.
- Mock job interviewing and negotiation conversations.
- Continued clarity on your career path, such as aligning short-term and long-term career goals.
Graduates of the class receive access to a private LinkedIn Group with exclusive job postings and career networking opportunities.
Interested in future 2014 class dates, complimentary career resources, and early registration discounts? Email lyjnow (at) gmail.com to be added to the mailing list.
NEXT NYC DATES (2014):
- Monday, September 8
- Monday, September 15
- Monday, September 22
- Monday, September 29
- Monday, October 6
Time and Location for NYC classes: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm; Convenient downtown Manhattan location (details provided upon registration).
Limited to 6-8 women to ensure lots of personalized attention. Contact Suzanne at lyjnow(at)gmail.com or (908) 309-5315 to determine if this class is right for you or for an agenda for the 5 weeks. Your space is confirmed once payment is received. The class is $435 for five weekly sessions and one 30 minute one-to-one session.
EARLY RATE: Register Early and pay $365. (You may also put down a deposit, see below.) This early rate option will expire closer to the class date start.
Deposit Option: You may put down a $200 deposit to reserve your space. The final payment will be due on the first day of class or you may submit a post-dated check for 9/30 or 10/15.
LYJ Skillshare Teaser Workshop: Please see http://skl.sh/1hdgEBN. Credit from the Skillshare may be applied toward the next five-week class. Next Skillshare is Monday, August 25, 2014.
TESTIMONIALS for Suzanne Grossman and LYJ (Love Your Job) Search
LYJ Search NYC – Suzanne Grossman: A self-described “super-connector” and “career-matchmaker”, Suzanne has an extensive network of contacts which she enjoys sharing with others. She sees no dream as too big and no person as too important to approach for an informational interview. Suzanne is a career advisor with the City University of New York where she helps college students identify their dream careers and provides them with tools for how to achieve them. She has mentored and worked with women at the Institute for Women’s Leadership at Rutgers University and at the Woodhull Institute for Ethical Leadership. She received her BA from Tufts University and MA from Rutgers University. Her writing on career issues appears on the Huffington Post and on her blog which she shares with like-minded colleagues called LYJ – Love Your Job, Love Your Life (lyjnow.wordpress.com).
2014 DC Dates:
- Thursday, October 2
- Thursday, October 9
- Thursday, October 16
- Thursday, October 23
- Thursday, October 30
Time and Location for DC classes: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm; Metro Center location: 1317 F Street NW, Suite 501 (Choice USA).
LYJ Search DC – Alyssa Best: Alyssa helps people identify their dream careers and provides them with the tools to achieve their goals. As a career coach, trainer, and speaker, she offers guidance and skills on topics related to career and professional development to build leadership for social change. She previously served as the Chair of WIN’s Professional Development Series. She has mentored and worked with women at Wider Opportunities for Women, Center for Progressive Leadership, and the Institute for Women’s Leadership at Rutgers University.
NYC Cancellation Policy: Three weeks before the start of the class you may be refunded 100%. After this time, the class is non-refundable. You may push forward your registration to a later class. Registration is transferable provided you find someone to take your place. If you need to miss a class session, all handouts and homework are provided. You may also make up the missed class session(s) at a future date.
*NYC One-to-One Coaching Session: Participants have 30 days after the final class to schedule the coaching session.
Sign up to receive our blog posts delivered to your inbox by Subscribing to Love Your Job. Sign up to receive notification of future LYJ (Love Your Job) Search Class dates by emailing lyjnow(at)gmail.com.